- Trees -If you are considering any major work on the trees in your garden or on the grass verge please contact the Residents Association before you start any work - as we have responsability for the management of the Copses trees. We try to work with the Tree Preservation Officer at Horsham DC and our own tree surgeon to keep the Copse looking at its best. The trees are an important part of our enviroment and we must all be aware of the impact on any work undertaken. The Hon. Sec. will happily give advice if you need it.
- Refuse - Is collected every Tuesday. General waste is collected one week with Garden Green waste ( Brown top bin ) and Recyclable waste ( Blue top bin ) being collected together on the next week. Collection times do vary after Bank Holidays. You can print out a personal collection calendar from Horsham District Council at HDC. Please place all bins on the verge next to the kerb with the handle facing towards the road.
- Household Waste - There is a council run waste disposal depot at Billingshurst, and Horsham DC also have mobile collection sites in Pulborough and Storrington at various times during the year. Further information can be obtained from this link regarding all matters regarding to household waste. WASTE
- Security - Consider leaving a porch or wall light on during the hours of darkness. You can buy low energy bulbs with a built in light sensor that switch themselves on at dusk and off at dawn. You just plug them into your standard light socket - no rewiring required. On an average electricity tariff a 11w low energy bulb ( equivalent to a 60w standard bulb ) will cost about 10p PER WEEK to run if left on for 12 HOURS per day. This is a cheap and economical way of providing security for your home and a little light for those using the Copse on foot at night.
- Parish Council - The West Chiltington Parish Council website contains a wealth of information about the village in general, issues affecting the local residents, dates for your diary, planning issues as well as details of parish meetings to which residents are invited. PARISH COUNCIL
- Village Website -
The West Chiltington Village website gives details of local groups, activities and matters affecting the residents ( such as poor broadband speed or mobile phone reception ). It is run by local people for the local people and is a great place to start for information about the Village. VILLAGE WEBSITE
- Sat Nav - As Residents are probably aware - if you enter the postcode RH20 2NE into Sat Navs it will take you to the spur in the centre of the Copse, which is great if you live there. Please remind your visitors that there is a direction map at the beginning of the Copse for the rest of the properties, or go to HOW TO FIND US to display the map.
- Intruder Alarms - If you have an alarm fitted to your property can you make sure that either the police or your neighbours have details of a keyholder should the alarm sound when you are not there. By law the alarm should reset after 20 minutes - if it doesn't it may need to be adjusted.
- Southern Water - If you suffer any problems with your waste water ( Sewerage ) pipes please contact Southern Water direct on 0330 3030368.
- Cold Callers - We do not often get bothered by Cold Callers but if you do not recognise someone at your front door do not open it and contact 101 if necessary.
Nyetimber Copse Residents Association